Preventing COVID-19: Real Estate in a Pandemic
Are you in quarantine and trying to buy or sell a house?
Is your home currently listed for sale? Are you social distancing, ordering your groceries online, and working from home?
We know you answered yes to at least a few of those questions. As your friendly neighborhood Real Estate agents, we too are coping with COVID-19.
Let’s be honest, life is pretty upside down for the people of the world right now, and we are all just doing our best to shelter in place and stay safe.
As Real Estate agents we have unique challenges, many of which can be mitigated with digital solutions, but also some that really can’t be. You won’t often meet a shy Real Estate professional. We are largely a friendly and outgoing bunch. We are missing our interactions. Much like teachers are a bit lost without their students, your Real Estate agent is truly not used to isolation and not running wide open. We are innovating though!
At Sun Realty Group, our team remains dedicated to our client’s needs. Right now, those needs have changed to include a guardian and advocate for their health. This profession has always required myriad skills. We wear a lot of hats. So, adapting to new circumstances is not new for us.
How we handle client meetings:
We’re adding platforms like GoToMeeting, Zoom, and Google Hangouts to our repertoire. Home buying and selling is hugely personal. We love to connect with our clients in a meaningful way. In fact, it’s a must. We can’t hope to advise you on a property if we don’t have a good idea of what your daily life is like. So, virtual meetings let us see your facial expressions and help us to gauge your personality. This is a two-way street. In lieu of a face-to-face meeting, you’re able to ask questions to see if we’re a good fit for you.
How we handle listing a home:
Many people have delayed listing their homes and we absolutely respect this decision. For those of you who don’t have the luxury of waiting, we have solutions to ensure your home and family remains safe during the listing process.
- We limit our in person interactions to the bare minimum. All Sun Realty Group agents are actively practicing social distancing.
- We can hold digital meetings for our initial consultation and tour of the interior and exterior of your home and offer our input on steps you need to take to get your home ready for listing.
- A secondary digital tour can be scheduled to determine readiness for photography.
- If there is a need for the agent to visit the home prior to photography, proper precautions will be strictly adhered to. This would include but not be limited to: recording our temperature before entering the home, asking you and your family to remain a safe distance from the agent during a live tour. The agent may wear a mask and gloves. All discussion regarding the home would take place in a digital meeting so that the agent can limit their time in your home and your face-to-face interaction.
- When photography is scheduled, you’ll be asked to maintain all social distancing protocols. Our photographer may wear personal protective equipment. Any surfaces touched, will be wiped down with disinfectant.
How we handle showings:
Coronavirus prevention is top priority. We are committed to three principles when it comes to showings in this climate.
- Virtual Tours will be utilized to streamline the showing process.
- Buyers are highly interested and 100% qualified before a live showing is requested.
- Live showings are done with an abundance of caution. Our agents will do their very best to ensure prospective buyers touch NO surfaces.
- Turn on ALL of the lights in your home (so no one else has cause to touch the switches)
- Please have your bedroom and closet doors OPEN
- Open all blinds, shutters, and drapes so that you can see outside.
- As an added precaution, disinfect all surfaces, door knobs, cabinet door knobs, appliance handles etc after the showing.
- If possible, have hand sanitizer out in the kitchen along with soap in the bathrooms with papertowels for drying.
Finally- If you aren’t feeling well, PLEASE do not even consider showing your home.
How we handle closings:
- Each attorney’s office has their own practices, however we are insisting that our clients sign as much paperwork digitally as possible. In our experience, attorneys and banks are coping extremely well with the challenges and have been very innovative in ensuring their customers and clients safety is the first priority. Typically, attorneys are meeting with sellers and buyers in separate rooms and using all social distancing protocols.
We’d love to talk with you, virtually, of course, about your Real Estate needs. Reach out today at SunRealtyGA.com or give us a call or text at 770-318-7973. We’ll work together to help you buy or sell in this challenging time.